Home

Logan is at youth service tonight and Samuel went to bed at 7:20, so I have time to myself tonight. Crazy. right? ;) I forgot what it was like to have a few hours to myself. I chose to spend the first part of it watching the sunset out our back window in the kitchen talking to God. It got me thinking about home. For a while now I have had this longing in my soul to be somewhere familiar. My house, now that we have lived here a year is familiar, yes, but something inside of me hasn't been able to feel that "ah, im finally where I belong" feeling. I go to Little Rock where I grew up and enjoy time with my family, but I miss the familiarity of my house, bed, sites, and sounds of Kansas City. The trains for one. They are always a faint ghostly background noise no matter where you are. I first found it annoying, but now I find it refreshing. It means I am "home", right? When I am here in Kansas City I long for the familiarity of Little Rock. Hinson Road, Heavenly Ham, everything being in a one mile radius, my lifelong friends, and family. My life feels awkward, unsure of where my heart is, because that is where home is according to the saying.
Life has a funny way of flying by and yet going slow all at once. I look around and think who am I? Where is the Molly I knew only a few short years ago. I am Mom now. I am a wife now. I was single so long and lived life taking care of my everyday needs for so long without a child. Motherhood consumes me and makes me forget once I did other things. Once I thought what do I want to do today? I have no idea what that is like anymore or what it would be like to sleep in. I dont even care. I love it so much! I know it is just a seaons of life that will be consumed this much by serving and giving to another life constantly, but when I look up will I recognize myself? My identity has changed so much...it is literally mind blowing to me.

I thought about these things and got a little sad. The awkward feeling of not fitting in here in Kansas City, but not fitting in Little Rock either. Realizing my identity and who I was is completely changed within the last year and I havent had time to really process it.
Jesus. My Lord. Just a moment with Him gives sense to all of my wonderings...

HE is home. HEAVEN is home. My identity is who I am in Jesus and that never changes with whatever "hat" I am putting on in life. I am still his child, he still takes care of me and holds me close to his heart. I am still vulnerable like I was before, that child who heard the Shepherds voice. The one who sang "I Love You Lord" when she was unsure. I do love you Lord, I do. So, tonight, as I end my writing...Lord, hold me as my happy tears fall and I say "I am finally where I belong."

Comments

  1. Molly, this is beautiful. I love you! Miss you always, my pea in the pod. I'm glad to call our metaphorical pod a home ;) love, Noel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw Molly that is Beautiful! i completely relate to not feeling "home" at "home" or in Kc, either. although, after my last lil experience - Kc is more "home" than i realized ;) Yes Heaven is our Home and may we always long for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW MOLLY!! Just remember that your lifelong friends are your best friends WHEREVER you are! .....And we can come visit! ;) And our kids can be BFF .....in fact lets make them marry each other! Arranged marriages anyone!?!
    Done. ;) love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations