Playing house and pretending to be adult

My life has officially become what I pretended it was when I was little. Well, almost give it two months and I'll really be there! I always wanted to play house and asked for Lee Middleton babydolls for Christmas until I was probably way too old to still be wanting them. My real life doll will be here soon and I am getting more and more excited about it! Although im guessing playing house 24/7 with a baby that screams and poops and keeps me up all night (you don't want to see me without sleep,it's simply barbaric) probably won't feel like playing pretend house, but I know I'm about to go into one of the most precious stages of life that flies by in a blink of an eye and I don't want to miss a thing! I am ready to play house for real, bring it on!
My life has consisted of reading books about being a godly mother and wife and I have enjoyed learning and finding mentors that can give me advice. I want to do this mommy thing right,I feel the weight of such a big responsibility and it can be very overwelming. I want to raise him the way the Lord wants me to and to give him a "million dollar" upbringing even if it never includes much money. I want him to have a happy, fun childhood full of good memories and for him to constantly be learning about Jesus in all that we do. I want to invest my time into him and to be the mommy he needs. I know God chose me to be Samuel's mom and that he will give me the strength I need to live out this enormous calling called motherhood. Everyday I am a crucial part in shaping the life of a man who will one day lead a family or even the world. The sky is the limit for where God may take him And I know I'll make mistakes, but I just pray for grace to overcome when I do! Grace to always say I'm sorry and to depend on the Lord fully every step of the way. I am in need of the Holy Spirit's counsel, strength and ALL of the fruits LOVE, JOY, PEACE,PATIENCE,KINDNESS,GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, and SELF-CONTROL in every circumstance.
I love my baby boy more than words can say...Lord please don't let me screw this thing up.
Tears come to my eyes as I think of this daunting task and my
Comfort is God himself who I know is with me guiding me
And loving me every step of the way. I've never wished so hard
to be perfect until now...I want to be perfect for Samuel, but the only
One who will really never fail him is Jesus.

Comments

  1. Molly, I loved reading your blog. I can relate since I have a two month old little girl..it is totally amazing ( full-time job) but the best job I have ever had!! You will feel like your heart could burst it is so full of love:) I read this chapter today and it encouraged me..

    New Living Translation (NLT)
    Psalm 121

    A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.

     1 I look up to the mountains—
          does my help come from there?
     2 My help comes from the Lord,
          who made heaven and earth!
     3 He will not let you stumble;
          the one who watches over you will not slumber.
     4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel
          never slumbers or sleeps.

     5 The Lord himself watches over you!
          The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
     6 The sun will not harm you by day,
          nor the moon at night.

     7 The Lord keeps you from all harm
          and watches over your life.
     8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
          both now and forever.

    You are going to be a great Mommy Molly! Just enjoy and trust God each day as it comes! I will be praying for you! (and for a smooth labor and delivery!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,

    I remember those feelings. I will pray that you have the desires of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly
    You're amazing :) and I love your heart and I love your knowledge of weakness--because it is in our weakness that God is strong. and He is sovereign in your desire to be a wonderful mom and wife and i KNOW YOU WILL BE AWESOME! sam the man is for sure blessed to have awesome parents like you and logan.
    prayers and love headed your way :) can't wait to see you and sam.
    loves

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations