Harvest Blessings

         I am sitting in my new room at my new house, tired from the journey it took to get to this place of peace in our living situation, but mainly I am overwhelmed with gratitude to the Lord who was with us every step of the way. His ways truly were higher and greater than I imagined in the times that things seemed to make no sense at all and I felt so in the dark about his plan. I am grateful for his grace to keep me from losing heart and I'm so grateful for the people who carried us in prayer and helped us in countless ways along the way. Last blog post, I wanted to wait and see how the closing of our house played out before writing all the details of the last part of our journey to finally have a house in Little Rock and no longer a house in KC. I pray I remember every detail, because God's fingerprints were all over it and my faith has been built enormously.

         This Summer when our KC house was not selling and financially it was straining to have that house now without renters and also be renting ourselves I felt impending doom every time I went to bed. I kept feeling so much doubt and confusion. It was the Lord who lead us here so tangibly, why would he leave us in such an awful predicament? So many prayers were prayed and so much did not change. I had really low points and one of those moments I was driving in the car and the song by Steven Curtis Chapman "The Glorious Unfolding" blared out:
"And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
You’ve just got to believe the story is so far from over
So hold on to every promise God has made to us
And watch this glorious unfolding"

I felt like it was Jesus himself saying these words to me. Just hold on, I promise it will all make sense, I promise I have something beautiful for your family at the end of all of this. This story is so far from over, just wait and see! Weeks went by and nothing changed. I felt such a faith battle, wondering and waiting, but thankfully learning through it all as well. I am amazed at how God truly works for the good in my life in all things, especially the hard things.

          One night in September it was about ten PM and Logan had already fallen asleep, but I was having trouble falling asleep. I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit so clearly telling me to walk outside and so I did. When I went out there, the night was so clear and beautiful. It had been really hot, but tonight there was a cool breeze in the air and the sounds of the bugs had changed. It sounded more like a Fall night than a Summer night and I could feel the "winds of change" in the air. Even the air smelled different. I heard the Holy Spirit so clearly say "The winds of change are coming in your life, your life circumstance is going to change soon. I am bringing a Harvest blessing to your family." I woke up the next morning and said to Logan "Babe, our house is going to sell soon, I just know it! The Lord told me this and maybe it isnt the house, but I feel like he meant the house will sell and that we will have a new house by Thanksgiving as a Harvest Blessing! The next day I happened to go to Hobby Lobby and there was a decoration that said "HARVEST BLESSING" and I could feel God smiling over me as a confirmation of what I heard the night before. I took the decoration and put it up for me to be reminded everyday.

             A few days later, nothing had changed. Our plan was to buy my brother's house that we were living in as soon as our KC house sold. My brother was moving back soon and we wanted him to have his house back, but we had nothing to go to. My brother is so kind and giving that he would have let us stay there, but we wanted him to have his house back. My mom mentioned that maybe God had another house for us and this was his way of getting us to look. I had no plan of even house shopping at all. My mom and dad were kind and said we could stay with them for a transition time and if we were going to do this, we needed to make the arrangements soon. When we solidified our plan I started walking to my car and i'll never forget looking back at my mom with tears in my eyes saying "I feel so dumb." and then bursting into tears. She encouraged me, but I just felt my heart drop to my feet, because I truly believed the Lord was going to sell our house soon. I truly believed we would not be without a house. I felt so foolish and went home so sad. I started to take a nap that afternoon, something I do if I am feeling particularly sad and right as I was falling asleep with silent tears Logan burst in the door on the phone with our realtor in KC saying that " WE HAVE AN OFFER ON OUR KC HOUSE!!!!!!!!" My sad tears turned to happy tears and I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit comforting me and confirming to me that I was not foolish in believing what he had told me. I was elated!!!!! My faith was soaring!
             The house shopping began and took all of one day. I told our realtor that I wanted a certain zip code and price range and that I was hopeful to find a winner. I had my thoughts set on a Harvest Blessing afterall;). We looked at five houses total and when we walked into the one that was supposed to be ours, it was a favorite of everyone for a great price in an awesome location. Logan had also always said he hoped to have a music room in our house one day. I would always laugh and say sweetie in our budget IF we have a bonus room, it has to be a playroom. ;) Well, this house had plenty of space for toys in the main house, but miraculously there happened to be a room off the garage with its own bathroom that was the perfect place for a music room. This was a sign that stood out to me that this must be our house! We made an offer and it was not smooth sailing all the way, in fact even into the hour of closing we weren't sure the KC house closing was going to go through and AFTER closing there were still a few loose ends. I thought this would never end, but at the same time God's finger prints were ALL OVER THIS, it just had to work out! We ended up getting an amazing interest rate and new roof through it all and it felt like we kept being blessed upon blessed in every detail. Closings were solidified, the moving truck came, the moving process was not fun, but all of the in between craziness that a move entails brought me to this moment. Here I am, sitting in my new room, of our miracle house, where we are unpacked and settled just in time...for THANKSGIVING. :) PRAISE THE LORD! The kids love the house so much! I love the wall colors, the two living areas, the big windows, the kitchen open into the play living area. I love updates they made and fans in every room. I love that we are tucked away in a culdasac and we back up to woods. Every detail I love.

THE BLOOMS HAVE THEIR HARVEST BLESSING AND THE BIGGEST BLESSING IS THE TANGIBLE HAND OF GOD IN OUR LIVES! I am so grateful, so very very grateful. I will never forget this Thanksgiving. :) Love Yall- Molly




Comments

  1. Molly! What a wonderful testimony; your words have encouraged me more than you know! Desire fulfilled truly is a tree of LIFE, and I pray your family continues to flourish, listening and following His quiet voice. He will not let his children suffer lack!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations