Winds In The East

“Winds in the east, theres a mist comin' in
Like somethin' is brewin' and 'bout to begin.
Can't put me finger on what lies in store,
But I feel what's to happen all happened before.” -MARY POPPINS

       The winds of change are sweeping the Bloom house and there is only one way for us to go, forward. Samuel, Evelyn and I are spreading our wings a little bit more as our season changes from the babyhood years, to the school years. Samuel is going into First grade, Evelyn is starting Kindergarten and I am going to chase a new dream in Graduate Counseling school. I have always said I will do many things in my life, but one of my core dreams was to stay at home with my children until they reached Kindergarten. As I watch Evelyn walk into her classroom on Wednesday, I will  have officially fulfilled that sacred dream of mine.

      These past seven years of being a stay at home mom have been my delight, even the hard things grew me so much as a person. I am so full of gratitude for these special years I have had with my children. I can truly say we have lived it to the fullest! I thought I had a lot longer with them, but time has a cruel way of never extending itself.  Time has to be valued, treasured, used well, because it will never give itself back. I will always treasure this past season of being a stay at home mom with all my heart. I can’t wait to see my kids’ faces in carpool at the end of school and to use our after school hours together to the fullest when they are home. And I will defy all odds by becoming a morning person, because well, I HAVE to be to get good time with the kids before school! Prayers appreciated for that.;) Quality over quantity is my mantra with time now!

      Goodbye babyhood, goodbye days where we go where the wind takes us, goodbye Summer, goodbye “stay at home” Molly, goodbye baby girl as you head off to Kindergarten, goodbye brunch too many days a week for my wallet with Evelyn, so long diapers, floaties, diaper bags, and cribs… Hello Future! Apparently YOU, future, are here already. Who will we meet? What will we learn? What will we do? Who will we help? Who will help us? How will God use our lives? The possibilities are endless! It's time to let go as a mother a little bit more, it's time to grow in faith, hope, trust, and love in all this change and the new stage life has for us. I know we are right where God wants us and in that I have so much peace. As bitter-sweet feelings fill my soul, along with little bit of jitters and nerves, too, I have an overwhelming sense of excitement, but also sadness. I can't wait to see what is in store! With every new season there are more things to experience and enjoy, but I still move forward with a lump in my throat as I look back and think :"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."- Winnie the Pooh



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations