Nine Years Mrs. Logan Bloom



Tomorrow, I will have officially been Mrs. Logan Bloom for nine years, and I tell you what, we have come to a sweet season. One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from Robert Lewis who said to think of your marriage as a mountain range, there will be many highs and many lows, but it is a long journey and you never stay in either. When in a low, remember another mountain top is coming.

He was right! I  have a theory that newborn baby season of life is one of the hardest on a marriage, because of all the lack of sleep and needs a baby has. And we just kept doing that four times in a row like the crazy people we are, but we sure made a great team. I love that we aren't so much in survival right now, our kids are at a precious golden age and we get to have more opportunities to be around each other not completely tired. 

Logan has been such a good partner and friend. I owe a lot of the quality of our marriage to him! I am a lot to handle, I am passionate, feisty when it comes to protecting the weak, full of ideas, hopes, dreams and I eat too much at Tazikis.  He has always encouraged and listened to me go on and on about my ideas and then I will simply look his way and say "do you know what I am thinking?" and he will say: "You want Tazikis, I'll call it in!" even though he doesn't eat anything there. When I get discouraged he lifts my head. I feel important when I am with him. He gets the brunt of my best and worst and takes it in such patient stride and forgives quickly. I am not a very organized person, I am honestly a pretty terrible homemaker, but he has been so kind to me in this weak area. He gives me this smile when I say that I wish I was a better homemaker and he will say something like: "But you're so much fun, don't forget how fun you are!" 

So much of marriage isn't very beautiful, it's the daily grind, the messy and imperfect. It is bedhead, laundry, dishes, so much figuring out what to eat, and vomit in the night at inopportune times from the kids. It is arguing and making up. It is tag teaming sleep in the desperate times and so much more. In nine years we have spent a lot of unexceptional little moments weaved together creating this life, and I look back and think about how truly beautiful it all is becoming, more and more each year. 
We are so a part of each other now, he is my safe place, my comfort zone and as the years go by, it just keeps getting better. 

Our life together continues to be paved by miracles and I thank God for giving me the man I prayed for. I had fifty five things I was looking for in a husband, and he met every single one of my criteria, as outlandish as it seemed. I was told I had too high of standards, that I should date around, but I figured why not try to wait for this one? I am sure glad I did. My faith is strengthened by the simple fact that Logan Bloom is mine! He was my only boyfriend and I really didn't need to shop around, I knew he was my one. I know some people don't believe in soul mates, but I do. Logan Bloom is mine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations