Write Me Something

After over a decade of marriage, and fourteen years of close friendship it came to my attention recently that Logan had not seen Anne of Green Gables. When telling people my middle name is "Blythe" I literally say you know like Gilbert Blythe! He said the first voicemail I sent him he saved and was so confused by my middle name, but did not want to offend me at the time. I, on the other hand, tended to say whatever I thought! And have not lost that quality...he has gained it more and more. :) I love to say my full name in a message, probably from my Anne with an "e" soul. Her name became Anne Blythe when she married the boy that she competed with most/offended her at first, but became her biggest fan and truest friend. Logan never said he did not know who Gilbert was and as time went by I was my own Blythe anyway. He got his own story! 

When this truth outed we spent days using spare time to get through all the movies. By the last one I realized I had been so angry with how the story had gone and Anne's personality had changed despite what Matthew said at his death. The third movie did not show who Anne was at her core! I literally could not handle THE CONTINUING STORY and fudged it out of my memory. It was as though I was watching it for the first time and my anger over the story line was as intense as my love for the original. I guess in Anne fashion I just boycotted it in strong emotional response? I looked up reviews on the internet and found my fellow Anne's very bothered as well. 

So, we focus on the classic original book and movie to which I still stand by loving and Logan said I quoted it so many times that he recognized parts. I just expected he'd seen it! Apparently, he did not need to watch it as he had two Anne's through Evelyn and I and has literally lived the story times two according to him. He says he never gets bored! We only live by lakes of shining waters and drive on white ways. I used to write my life as though it was a narrative from first person and make it more exciting when I was young. I put puffed sleeves onto my life as needed. Mundane is still a hard pill to swallow for me! I never live the same day twice. I might even drive home a different way just to shake things up. But, at the same time my world is all lived in a very small space and I don't want to leave my beloved home. 

Logan surprised me with a backordered special writers keyboard. He, like Gilbert to Anne supports me and encourages me to keep going. He  gives real talk when necessary. It is necessary! He says I am a helium balloon and he is the string that attaches me to earth. I would agree. :) He said: "Write me something." to inspire me to type something that is  not school, career, counseling, soul-searching serious and just because. I lost that along the way these past few years. He says I will be more successful than I imagine...which means a lot, because I am beyond surprised I have made it this far. Thanks for your notes and belief along the way, Logan... you're better than a Gilbert.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations