Wow

        Wow! This season of life has proved to be CRAZY! I had no idea that our life would be changing completely in so many ways a few months ago. It went from the quiet days with just one baby living everyday life to becoming pregnant, overcoming hyperemesis, finding out we were having a girl, finding out we would no longer be living in KC, and finally TRANSITION. I hate transition. I like to just be where I am headed and forget all the in between stuff. The thought of packing up and getting a house ready for the market is a scary one and I hoped that the process would seem worse in my head and in reality be easier. I was very wrong! Being pregnant, having a teething one year old, and little help available is really as hard as it sounds. It has indeed been just as bad as expected, but God is giving me grace and this week I have gotten a lot done despite the fact that my son is fussing almost all the time due to molars coming in. :( I decided it would be better if I just got stuff done while he was napping, because he really needs me to just focus on him when he is awake right now. At first I felt stressed out about sitting around playing with toys with him during this crunch time, but I realized that it benefits all of us for the better when Samuel is emotioinally taken care of during this time of getting five teeth and lots of change. He is not a big fan of change! In fact, I simply moved his toys to a larger bin and he would no longer play with them until I put them back into their smaller separate bins. He is so full of quirks that are truly hilarious and I love that about him. I need to write a post all about his quirks, because I need to remember and I think others would get a kick out of how particular he is!
             My mom came to town last week to help me get the bulk of the packing done, which was so kind of her! Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a week of fun for Samuel and getting the house done turned into what we now believe to be the "norovirus" stomach bug. The first day she was here was like a dream! We went to Paradise Park for hours and Samuel had a blast exploring and even went to his first little cooking class where he made a sugar cookie. I was so happy that day... Little did we know that night I would be driving myself to the hospital. We went home and got the garage cleaned out, made a big good will run, bought some bins, took down decorations, and several more things. I started to feel funny, but thought it was simply because I maybe had "overdone" it. In my last pregnancy I would get nauseas later in the pregnancy and sometimes actually get sick if I did too much. I thought all I needed to do was eat, so we decided to go to one of our favorite places, Culver's. The food was good and all seemed well at first, but then when we got in the car I kept saying "im just half a person when im pregant, I have such a hard time." I felt nauseas and thought oh no, its because I overdid today. When I got home within the hour I got very sick and at first thought it was just the regular "i overdid it throwing up", but then it would not stop. By ten thirty I was afraid I needed to go to the hospital for fluids, but Logan had a stomach ache himself and was painting our ceiling with his dad. We ended up deciding to try and get to the hospital and Bob would finish up. I left my mom with the overwhelming smell of paint fumes from the ceiling that I thought might be adding to the nausea, but didnt think much of it, because we had been around it twice already that week. We drove less than a mile and I had to stop by the side of the road in the below freezing weather three times to get sick and Logan said he was getting sick as well. I realized I would not be able to make it to the hosptial at that point and forgot to bring a bag in the car. A few hours went by and all of a sudden my mom, Logan, and I were all violently vomiting. I had gotten to the point I knew I needed to go to the hospital, because I was having dehydration contractions (something I know all too well from my food poisoning with Samuel) I had Logan go check the paint can to see if we had been paint poisoned and it said that if you are feeling nauseas you need to have more ventalation, but it was below freezing outside and we could not open windows. As my mom and Logan were sick I had a moment of relief and went to check on Samuel who to my horror was found asleep in his own vomit. My heart froze and I was full of panic thinking we were all poisoned by paint or by food and there was not an adult available to take care of Samuel fully. The grace and strength of God took over and my mom put Samuel in the bath (poor baby had to be woken up from a deep sleep) and I packed a bag really fast and got his pac n play ready as we all decided we needed to get to a hotel ASAP and then I would need to get myself to a hospital. We made it to Holiday Inn and Logan and my mom were very sick, while I had grace on me to hold Samuel and take care of him and call my mother in law to come to the hotel and help us. We were as desperate as they come! I knew I needed to wait at the hotel for Lucy to get there for Samuel. I honestly dont know how I was able to hold it together during that time other than the Holy Spirit took over me with His strength and allowed me to take care of Samuel for that time. Lucy lives about 25 minutes away, so we were waiting at the hotel for about 35 and when she got there it was 3:30 am and I got in my car and drove 25 minutes to my hosptial. It took until 6 am to have me in my settled ( which by the way, St Luke's has the most amazing birthing and post partum rooms ive ever seen) I was put in post partum, so got to hear new baby cries through my stay there. It made me excited for Evelyn even more! The room looked like a hotel and had two plasma tvs, a couch, and a desk. In the morning the phone rang and my "room service" asked me my order. They had anything you could imagine, but unfortunately considering the cirumstances all I got was a plain bagel. :( I had a nurse that looked like Emily Maynard named Abby when I woke up and she was as sweet as sugar! My night nurse was funny, but rough and made fun of me for asking her to blow on my hand after she put alchohol on my eczema. haha I'm sorry, but that hurts! The winter and my sensative skin dont mix and they especially dont mix with rubbing alcohol. It was nice to have an angel like Abby after that. ;) and her pretty face really made her seem more like an angel. I looked at my phone wondering what was going on with the rest of my family and I found out that Logan and my mom were both going in for fluids across town, but that Samuel had been doing amazingly well. What a miracle! He only threw up once and seemed fine after that. I was anxious to get back with my family and asked the nurse to ask the doctor if I could go ahead and leave around 11 am. I hadnt gotten sick since I made it to the hospital and was doing a lot better other than I only slept from 7 am-9am. Long story short, I got out and we were reunited and it took a few days to fully recover, but we all made it through. Logans family really helped out and unfortunately got sick as well. We thought it was food poisoning until it spread to our caregivers and since all of our bloodwork said non viral it seems like it must be the nasty norovirus! My dad flew in to drive my mom home and Samuel got to have one night of a slumber party with them at the hotel before they left to go back home.
         I was heartbroken at how the week had turned out and that so much had not gotten done that I hoped to have done. It was supposed to be full of fun and instead became a nightmare. I am now picking up the pieces of what that week should have been and getting a lot done now by the grace of God and more than ever looking forward to March. I know one hundred percent we are supposed to move and that it is God's plan for our family. Please be praying for us during this time! Logan has three outreaches at high schools this month and the prayer room in LR is opening in March. We can feel the spiritual warfare that comes with all of this and would love for anyone to keep us daily in their prayers. My next update will be happier and I want to talk about Samuel's quirks! ;) Good night, Yall~!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations