I Never Want To Forget

I never want to forget...
-The way Evelyn almost constantly sits in the splits and uses her pointer finger to search out your face- if she really likes you. That pointer finger is always ready to be in my business.;)
- When Logan is out late at Pray Now and me and Samuel watch BBC Cranford together instead of going to bed. Or, I put him to bed and miss him too much and we decide to play some more, because he is really fun to be with.
- The way Evelyn is so hilarious! She is just plain funny and makes me laugh every single day with her funny looks and optimistic outlook on life. She is like an energizer bunny and then all of a sudden she will sleep 6:30pm- 9am on a regular basis! I love how we both love a long nights sleep so much. (I wish Samuel did!hehe)
- The feeling of Samuel crawling into our bed before the sun comes up and how he sometimes falls asleep between Logan and I...or most of the time doesn't, but still lays next to us giving us kisses or smiling, just happy to be with us. I love how some mornings I wake up to find him asleep on me and I didn't even realize he had come.
- The way Logan and I feel so tired at the end of the day, but are too happy to be with each other that we never go to sleep early enough and always say we will do better tomorrow night...but stay up even later, because we got into a show like Monk.
- Hearing Samuel say "EBEYLYN!!!!! excitedly every morning when he sees her for the first time. She is always happy to see him too.:)
- Making daily plans to do something fun like go to the park, play with friends, see family, etc. Every day is an adventure, ready for us to decide what fun is in store for that day. Such a happy season.
- How Evelyn pulled up for the first time in order to get closer to Samuel
- The way Samuel is so concerned when Evelyn is crying and says "mama hep (help)evy" and then says "I sorry evy"
- Holding my children close at the end of the day and looking into their eyes and telling them how much I love them and usually tearing up- because they are the best kids in the world.
- God giving me grace to realize my blessings. I truly believe he has given me the gift to not overlook what I have and not focus on what I don't have. This is my life and hard days come and trials happen, but even if my life ended tomorrow, I would have had more things to be thankful for than I even imagined. I did not know I would get to be the mother to two of the most incredible people, but also a wife to a man of integrity who is also absolutely fun.
- How disciplining is a full time job, but so worth it. Tiring, but worth it.
- How Samuel can drive me crazy one minute and the next bat his big blue eyes and say "I sorry mommy, I wuv you" and all of a sudden I can't remember what was so upsetting and then five minutes later he reminds me. ;)))) (then repeat of the eye bat) not always, but some days hahaha
- How Samuel shocks me almost daily with things he knows that I did not realize he knew! Like when he pointed out an octagon and tonight he spelled out every word in his bedtime story and then even said the punctuation "question mark" at the end.
- How Evelyn just goes with the flow and has such a happy heart and she regularly skips naps in order for us to keep having fun, but doesn't even fuss! Its a miracle, seriously.:)
- How Samuel sings all the time
- How Evelyn at ten months and Samuel at two and a half all of a sudden feel so easy! I may not say this next month, but this month I feel a sigh of relief. I am having so much fun at this stage. I have butterflies about how I am going to have two toddlers at the same time! HOW FUN!!!!!!! It is coming soon:) (I think being a daycare teacher to so many infants and toddlers makes two seem easier than it is) ha

- how Samuel and Evelyn both have happy sounds that they make when they are just plain happy.Samuel squeaks and she squeals. They both seem happy and that makes me happy.:)
My life is never perfect, but as a whole I love these ages and this stage of life....the stage that passes all too fast. I love being a mom, I love spending time with my babies and watching them grow. I love being married to Logan and having my best friend be the one who shares this life with me. It is my life, and my joys. My trials and my triumphs...
I NEVER WANT TO FORGET.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations