An incredible gift!

I feel like God has given me an incredible gift to be able to spend my last month of pregnancy with my family and life-long friends. Logan and I got to spend FOUR days at the lake with my family this past weekend!I have never been able to be in town long enough for more than one full day at the lakehouse,since we didnt get it until I graduated HS. We had three FULL days at the lake!!! It was amazing to say the least. :) I dont take time with my family for granted, because sadly its few and far between. We are excited if we get to see each other every other month and just happy if it isnt 10 weeks before we see each other next. This is an unquenchable ache for me and my family, but God is gracious and gives me so much to be joyful about when I am away and has kept my relationships with my family members and life-long friends as strong as ever. When you really love people no amount of time or mileage will keep you from being close. A perfect example of this is my aunt Marci, Uncle Rick, and their four girls. They have always lived in a different town than me, but my family and theirs have made an effort through the years to make sure we are close and I have always enjoyed my relationships with each and every one of them! Marci has given me some great ideas and tips on how to make Samuel close to my faraway family and I am so grateful for her wisdom and experience in this area, because she did a GREAT job!! One idea is to make a collage of pictures of family and friends for Samuel to look at everyday so he always recognizes them. I plan to put it over his changing table and everytime he is on there point out people: "there's your Honey and Bear!" "there's aunt Abby, Uncle Pug, Uncle Zach, etc!!" "they love you VERY much..." :) Thanks to modern technology videos and pictures via phone will be a big help as well. God is gracious to put me in 2011 so that I can keep up with long distance people so much easier than before.
I am so thankful for all the people who have been so excited for us about Samuel and the many people who already love him. My mom a while ago gave me really great advice and said "dont turn away anyone who wants to love your son, allow as many that will to love him" and I feel like so many people have shown him so much love already even though they dont know his personality or what he looks like they already love him!That means the world to me!! I cant wait to put things in his baby book so he can see all the people that were already there for him from birth.

I have many things to be thankful for :) and these incredible gifts are just to name a few!

Healthwise I still get sick somewhat regularly and have constant heartburn, BUT I live life to the fullest when I am feeling well! I feel well each day and I feel sick at some point each day, but I am having lots of fun! Ive been sick so long that I am pretty used to it now and have found a way to just be happy and enjoy life when I can. I take the moments I feel good and run with them, which causes me to probably overdo it, but I went to the doctor and Samuel doesnt seem to care when I play Wii fit or spend the whole day having lake fun! So, as long as he's fine with me playing hard, I will. :) Sometimes the play is worth the getting sick afterwards...because at least I get to enjoy something beforehand! I had to go home early from an awesome Bible study last night because my body crashed at 7 pm, so I definitely notice my tank gets on Empty and wont let me keep going after a while. BUT when I do have energy you know youll catch me in the middle of all the fun;)

I am happy and enjoying each day here! Sick or not, here I come :)))

P.S. I have made a facebook for Samuel to put updates about him on there so my facebook doesnt have to be all about him, but people can see how he is doing! Just add SAMUEL BLOOM if you want to be updated that way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations