I never want to forget...

I honestly believe the hardships I endured during my pregnancy and the food poisoning horror the week of his due date have caused me to treasure my reward from it all (Samuel) all the more. The sweetness and absolute joy of his existence in my life seems even more wonderful since it took so much hardship to finally have him in my arms. I knew the moment I saw him I would do it all again in a heartbeat even if I only had one day with him. Even if I have an easy pregnancy next time, I will still treasure my new baby, but right now I am just talking about this one. :) God sure does bring beauty from ashes and I see that so clearly in my life right now!

I tear up at least once a day when I am looking at him, because my heart is so full of love that my weak human heart can't hold it all in! The good kind of tears now :)! I want to write down for my own sake things I want to make sure I never forget about this time.

I never want to forget...
-The way you wait in your bassinet in the morning wide eyed for me to come get you. You rarely cry when you wake up, so I have to come looking for you.:) It is almost like you know I love to sleep and are just like "its ok mommy, you can snooze". When you see me you give me a smile
and my heart melts all over again. It is almost like every morning I see you for the first time
again, because you change so fast!
- The way you sing with me! We have "morning devotions" together with fun songs about God I learned in my days as a camp counselor and you almost always sing with me in the
morning.
- I know I will never forget what a baby kangaroo you are! You LOVE to be carried in a Moby Wrap, I call it your pouch. You want to be hugged on and snuggled most of the time, but definitely love to get out and play too... as long as I stay close. ;) I treasure this time. I know it is short and one day I will have to let you go, but for now I don't have to, so I am going to embrace it with all that I am!
- The way you try to get your thumb, but can't seem to ever get it in there! It is sad to watch...I have even tried to help you, but you can't seem to keep it in there. Haha! I know people say sucking the thumb isn't a good habit, but you want it so bad that I want it for you! ;)
- The way you laugh, smile, and play! It is absolutely adorable and your love of life helps me to love life too! Every day is an adventure for us, isn't it? So many new things to find out.
- You love watching football and hate when commercials come on, you literally cry! It is hilarious the way that you stare at the screen and literally seem like you're into it. You watched the Chronicles of Narnia for thirty to forty minutes strait without taking your eyes away. It was
hilarious!
- The way your puffy hair smells after a bath.
- the feeling of kissing those soft chubby cheeks of yours!
- The way you trust me. It is so humbling and makes me pray more, because I see such a love and trust in your eyes that makes me want to be everything you think that I am. I want to be a better person and I want to follow God wholeheartedly more, because of that look.
- the way you talk to me! I love to hear what is on your mind ;)
- The way your baby fingers grab hold of mine.
- The way you look for me in a room full of people and want your momma when you're sleepy.
-The times we went out to watch the sunset on the back porch and did a Bible study. You really seemed into it. ;) haha You make reading the Bible even more exciting!
- The way it feels to have you fall asleep while I am holding you.
- The way you LOVE going on walks and if you're taken inside too early you will definitely let us know you are not happy about it.
-you love your comfort and are my snuggle bug and little buddy!

AND so much more... I will have to continue writing throughout your life, but for now you are stirring from your nap. :) I can't wait to see you and hold you again even though it has only been an hour. I literally get excited to see you! I enjoy you! I thank God for you every single day.

I never want to forget...

Comments

  1. this is such a sweet post!! :) You are such a good mommy!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations