My Birthday Wish

     My birthday wish is always the same every year and I am not afraid to share it, because I do not believe in magic or luck.;) I do believe in the power of prayer, miracles, and that God's word and Spirit are alive and active in my life, so I will share my "wish", which is more like a prayer. It is this: "To do God's will to the fullest extent, no matter the cost and to know him more deeply this year than ever before." I hope that you will pray that over me as I pray it over myself. I am excited for another chance to live another year for the one who gave everything for me-Jesus Christ. My blessings are more than I could have dared to hope for and I am so thankful! This is my first birthday with TWO kids! Things are not always easy and the road to this birthday with two kids had trials, but I am so full of joy and thankful for all that He has done this year in my life! Evelyn is my biggest present this year! Birthdays make me reflective and  I love looking back and seeing the light of all of God's promises and truths that prove true in my life year after year. A perfect life is not what it takes to love life and be thankful for it, it is knowing the PERFECT ONE, Jesus, that makes life so worth living! Without him I might even overlook the blessings in my life and lose these precious moments to wishing for the next. Each year my life becomes a longer testimony of the faithfulness of the Lord. Not because I am always faithful, but because HE is and his grace is sufficient. I say," Lord I want to love you, I want to know you, I want to be a good mom, a good wife, love your word, and be like you!" and even though my spirit is willing, I cannot do it on my own and when I fall he does not condemn me. He offers me all that I need to get back up and keep going instead of living in shame and failure. Thank you, Lord for twenty six years! Help me to live fully for you however many years you have left for me here and for the promise that even after this life, I will live forever! I am closer to seeing you face to face than I ever have been...and that makes me glad. Getting older isn't so bad.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

"Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations