A Year Ago, Tonight...:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVELYN!!!!!

A year ago tonight....
                           I had butterflies in my stomach and wondered how I could possibly sleep knowing that tomorrow I would meet my daughter. I could only dream of what she might look like and be like, but she surpassed all my expectations the moment our eyes met. I remember walking into the hospital the next day for my induction and having the biggest smile on my face excited to get this baby in my arms. The day for the most part went very smoothly and I had only a little bit of pain even with induced contractions. I barely felt any of them even before the epidural and that was a miracle in itself. I remember our first night together and how she snuggled in a perfect newborn ball on my chest for the first part of the night. She was beautiful, she was snugly, and she was mine! :) I remember even if she was asleep, I was hardly sleeping just peeking at her "one" more time. There is nothing like the high I feel after meeting my children for the first time. I literally cannot sleep for a week and I end up going crazy and everyone wants to just knock me over the head, but I just cant help my adrenaline! ha Motherhood is full of hardship, but the amazing joy it brings far outweighs that for me! I still get excited to wake up and see my babies and I cant imagine life without Evy now.
                    Evelyn has been such a delight and constant presence of cuteness and sweetness. She is very independent and gentle. She will eat anything, which is awesome, unless it is cardboard etc. ;) She proved to be an incredibly easy baby, so much so that for most of the year I called her my magic baby! She has been my baby doll that I get to dress up and play with. She hardly ever cries, even if she misses a nap, but for some reason will cry the entire time of any church childcare! I will always remember how my Mom would keep Evelyn and go to visit my Nana on tuesday mornings so I could go to my mom's group without a baby in hysterics. haha She is crazy about her brother and follows him around everywhere (sometimes to the point of annoyance) but it is really precious and even though it was a rocky start, Samuel is a terrific older brother. She is a beautiful baby, but her personality is just as amazing! I am so thankful for the gift that she is and the smiles that she brings daily. I love you forever, my wished for daughter. What a special year it has been knowing you deeper and deeper every single day! I love you!!!!!
Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations