Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and he will direct your path."


          When I first became a mom, I was overwhelmed by the many different ways to be a mom. From how children are fed, to how they are schooled, or how they should or shouldn't sleep, and so on, the list felt endless. How was I supposed to know what the right path was for my life as a mom and my specific children? I knew that if I drowned myself in endless books and articles, I would get some insight, but if  I was going to do what was best for my family, I would need to seek the Lord and see what His agenda was for my family and my motherhood. He knows our children better than anyone and He has not left us on this crazy journey alone. God cares about every detail of our family's life and not only that, He is ready and willing to be our counselor and closest confidant in every moment of it.
           Being a mother is not about working for our agendas in our children's lives, but about leaning on Christ, following Him and showing our children that the most important thing is to know Jesus and follow His call on our lives no matter the cost. It is easy to become fearful as mothers about our children, it is easy to want to take control or dream our own dreams about how their life should play out, but as Christ followers, our ultimate goal for our children is that they know the Lord. Also, that would they trust in Him with all of their heart and lean on his understanding and follow the path he directs them on.
           I encourage you, in your motherhood, both in the big and little decisions, walk boldly in what the Lord tells you to do as the mother of your family. Let us seek God and follow Him and not judge other's paths. Let us show our families what it is to not lean on our own understanding, but lean on the Lord's perfect wisdom. Let us pray big prayers for our families, may God's will be done and love be felt to the fullest extent in our lives.

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Realizations